Monday, March 28, 2011

"I'm Failing"

I hear it all the time - "Yeah, I'm failing fill in name of teacher/subject here."
I tell it to people all the time - "You're failing. If you will just correct these 15 papers  you will be close to passing."

I'm not really used to failing...

But right now, I feel like I'm failing.

I complain - A LOT!
I complain about my dirty house, but I have house. I complain about having to work and leave my baby, but I have a job. And God has blessed me with a job I love. And given me the blessing to be a momma to 140 other kids, who may or may not have a mother of their own.

This is the job God has given me, and I know that His purpose for my career, and for my having to leave my baby (who does not want for any attention, believe me!) is to love my kids at school. And instead, I complain about it. Why would you complain about something that is a gift, for crying out loud??


I'm failing at seeing all the awesome blessings He has given me.

But thank the Lord, He covers my short falls. He takes care of the things I can't do enough of or don't have enough time to do. He is enough where I can never be enough. He is adequate, He is plentiful, He is abundant.



She's failing at getting her banana on her spoon, but that's a cute kind of fail.
(notice the keys are in this picture - she carries them around everywhere)

1 comment:

  1. Very true Rachel. It's a lot easier to see what's wrong in your life sometimes than what is right. I try to find a silver lining in every situation and it makes me more greatful for what I have.
    You really are blessed in so many ways. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...