Thursday, March 17, 2011

Loaves and Fishes

Remember in the Bible how Jesus took a little bit of bread and fish and fed a bazillion people? Well, not to liken myself to Him, but this is a great way to stretch a steak. 

steak and chicken skewers
The picture doesn't do it justice really. I used 3 chicken breasts and one 7 oz. sirloin (more like 6 after I cut off all the fat probably) to feed 5 people. So, not really much like the loaves and fishes story at all - ehh.

Here's what you need:

steak, chicken breasts, butter, onion, garlic, parmesan cheese, red wine vineger, oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper

MAKE SURE you soak skewers in water at least one hour befor grilling so they don't catch on fire!!
First trim the steak and cut into one inch cubes - or close to that. Then cut the chicken the same size. Set aside.

In a medium size bowl mix together 1/3 cup red wine vinegar, 2 tbs. parmesan cheese, 2 tbs. garlic, 1 tbs. garlic powder, half a tsp. oregano, salt and pepper to taste. 

Pour mixture over meat in a shallow dish. Cover and let marinade in the fridge for at least an hour.  (hope you started this before you got really hungry)

Cut 1/4 of an onion (any kind you want) into sections that can be put on a skewer. Wait......

When the meat is ready, start poking it onto the skewers and add some onion in, too. The finished product after this step will look somewhat like this : 

Grill these babies about 4 minutes then flip them and grill the other side four or so minutes.

We ate this when my nephew (the one that let me cut his hair) and sister-in-law came into town to visit. It was really good. I did almost accidentally feed my sis-in-laws plate to my hubby for seconds because I forgot to actually COUNT how many people were eating and only made four plates instead of five. My bad - I think she still likes me after this week...

We also had twice baked potatoes, bread, and a spinach, strawberry and feta salad

 (no, Jared did not eat the salad - are you surprised?)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...