Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe

OK,  I missed on the pictures today, but I think you get the jist.


Here's what you'll need:
Chicken Breast
Lettuce of any kind
Cilantro
Honey
Limes
Black Beans
Apple Cider of Red Wine Vinegar
Dijon Mustard
Sugar
Sesame Oil

To make the dressing mix 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup dijon mustard, 3 tbs Vinegar, 3ish tbs sugar, 2 tbs sesame oil, and a 1/4 of a limes juice squeezed in. Stir it up and taste it. (I probably stuck my finger in and licked it too many times as this was a meal that we were eating with company!)  At this point I added more honey and sugar, but that's because I had to make it as unhealthy as possible for Jared. Refridgerate while your chicken is cooking up!


Next, cover chicken breast with 1/4 of a fresh limes juice and cilantro then drizzle with honey. Grill until done.  (I didn't time it - you've probably cooked chicken before... take your best guess. I always cut mine to check it out anyway!)


Wash and tear lettuce, add grilled chicken, dressing, and if you need some more calories and a little crunch, throw in some tortillia strips and there you have it! 


Note: Jared did not eat this. Apparently, it was too green. He made himself nachos with the chicken I made and some queso. 

1 comment:

  1. We aren't company...we are semi live-ins!!! It was delish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...